CCLP1 (LAV) Core LPG safety for leisure accommodation vehicles
All aspects relating to core domestic LPG gas safety. The initial knowledge area for this course is related to permanent dwellings (house, flats etc), but additional areas such as leisure accommodation vehicles (caravans), residential park homes and boats can also be undertaken.
The course includes:
- Gas safety legislation
- Unsafe situations and emergency actions
- Appliance controls
- Combustion (characteristics of LPG)
- Flues and ventilation
- LPG supply (tanks and cylinder location and installation)
- Pipework installation
- Pipe sizing
- Pipework defects and faults
- Tightness testing and purging
Successful candidates will develop an understanding on how to work safely on domestic LPG installations.