Electrical Part P
Plus Certification Fee @ £52.00 + VAT
This course is suitable for those wishing to undertake domestic electrical installation work, either for themselves or any person wanting to be a Domestic Electrical Installer and undertake work for a paying customer.
Part P building regs were brought in by the government in 2005 to ensure electrical installations in domestic systems were safe and properly installed. To ensure this, they passed a law ensuring that anyone doing this work was competent. The Part P VRQ qualification that we operate on our electrical training Part P courses, is proof that you are competent.
New to the electrical industry?
If you are new to the industry, then you should be aware that this course alone will not give you the skills necessary for you to become a competent Domestic Installer.
We would strongly suggest that you would need to undertake the City & Guilds 2382 18th Edition and the City & Guilds 2394 & 2395 Inspection and Testing courses after completing Part P. These courses will offer you plenty of high quality training and qualifications to register with an Electrical Safety organisation such as NICEIC or ELECSA.
Part P Electrical Course Content:
- Applicable Building Regulations
- Electrical Safety legislation, regulations standards and terminology
- Pre work survey/inspection
- Safe isolation procedures
- Identification of unsafe electrical situations
- Earthing and bonding requirements
- Electrical test procedures
- Cable and component selection
- Installation and replacement of electrical components
- Checking the correct and safe operation of installed electrical components
- Recording of electrical test results and completion of certification
- Installing and/or rerouting cables
- Special Locations
- New circuit requirements
- Installing Domestic Lighting Circuits
- Maintaining Domestic Electrical Installations
- Basic Understanding of 3 Phase Supplies