Electrical Safety Awareness (Installation) Course
This course is designed to provide guidance on working safely on low voltage electrical equipment & systems (up to 1000V AC 1500V DC) located within industrial environments. The course will assist employees and companies to reduce the risk of personal injury, due to electrocution and arc flash, also to help prevent damage to assets due to operator error.
Electrical and non electrical personnel requiring electrical safety awareness training to enable them to become aware of the hazards associated with the installation, maintenance and operation of Low Voltage electrical equipment.
To raise the level of safety awareness for all personnel working with electrical equipment and for the candidates to comprehend the safety rules, regulations & guidelines related to current legislation.
- Hazards & Effects of Electricity
- Arc Flash
- Selection & Use of Suitable PPE
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Permit to Work (PTW)
- Electrical Documentation
- Safe Electrical Isolations
- Risk Assessments
- Harmonised Cable Conductor Colours & Markings
- Earthing & Bonding
- Portable Appliances
- Fault Levels & Fault Energy
- Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas
- Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- Safe Use of Test Equipment
- Course Review
This course includes Electrical Safety Awareness (Safety Isolation).