600/4337/4 EAL Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations &
600/4338/6 EAL Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
Certification Fee @ £110.00 + VAT
What does this qualification cover?
The application of knowledge involved with the inspection and testing of electrical installations. Each Award has one unit which covers the necessary learning outcomes for initial verification, and periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations. This includes learning outcomes about safe isolation, inspection, safe testing, pre-energised and energised tests; documentation and the practical use of test equipment.
Equivalent to C & G 2394 and 2395.
Who is this qualification for?
• Those who wish to further their career in the electrotechnical sector
• Electricians who wish to carry out inspection, testing and commissioning; and periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting.
• Those who wish to obtain an Industry recognised qualification. Who supports this qualification? These qualifications:
• Are accredited by Ofqual at level three
. • Are recognised by industry (including the JIB and SJIB), and were developed in conjunction with the NICEIC, ECA, and SummitSkills
What could this qualification lead to?
• EAL Level 3 Award In the In-Service Inspections and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
• EAL Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
• Also a career in the electrical sector, and higher study
Learners must be at least 16 years old. There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However, learners must have the potential to achieve all aspects of the qualification. In particular, learners should be able to demonstrate that they have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy required for the completion of the learning outcomes and the assessments.
How is the qualification achieved?
Each qualification is achieved when the unit assessments have been successfully completed. The centre will then be able to apply for the learner’s certificate.
What will be assessed?
The theory and practice involved with the safe inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations.
How will it be assessed?
Each qualification is assessed by a mixture of on-screen exams and practical assessments. The qualification is not graded and the learner may only achieve a pass. The qualification assessments are open book, and the learner will require IET Guidance Note 3.
Previously run as C&G 2395
PLEASE NOTE: We run this course as a package with 600/4337/4 EAL Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations , providing qualification to Test and Inspect both new and existing circuits. They can, however, be taken independently.