601/5321/0 EAL Requirements For Electrical Installations BS7671- 18th Edition
Plus Certification Fee @ £55.00 + VAT
Purpose of qualification
This award gives the learner an understanding of the application of the IET Wiring Regulations Eighteenth Edition. It provides a facility for individuals working in the electrotechnical sector to develop and/or enhance their knowledge on the Requirements for Electrical Installations.
What does this qualification cover?
The qualification covers the full content of BS 7671: IET Wiring Regulations Eighteenth Edition incorporating amendment three (2018). The Regulations apply to the design, erection and verification of electrical installations, and also additions and alterations to existing installations.
Equivalent to C & G 2382.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is for learners who:
• Personnel involved in the electrotechnical sector such as electricians, designers, inspectors who wish to update their knowledge to the IET Wiring Regulations Eighteenth Edition incorporating amendment three (2018).
• Wish to gain a nationally recognised qualification at Level 3, to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the latest wiring regulations. It is suitable for learners aged:
Who supports this qualification?
This qualification has been developed in close consultation with colleges, training associations and industry to ensure that the qualification meets the needs of the building services engineering sectors. In addition, EAL has consulted throughout the development of these qualifications to ensure that the structure and content meets the learner’s needs. This qualification is:
• Accredited by Ofqual at Level 3 on Qualifications & Credit Framework (QCF)
• Endorsed by a number of post-16 providers
• Endorsed by Certsure.
Learners must be at least 16 years old. There are no formal entry requirements for these qualifications. However, learners must have the potential to achieve all aspects of the qualification. In particular, learners should be able to demonstrate that they have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy required to comply with the health and safety aspects of the scheme, the completion of the learning outcomes, and the assessments
What could this qualification lead to?
Typical job roles include: Electricians, Electrical engineers This qualification relates to: Qualifications for Apprenticeship Standards/Frameworks:
• EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Building, Structures and Environment) (QCF)
• EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Maintaining Electrotechnical Systems) (QCF)
• Installation Electrician and Maintenance Electrician. Industry Recognised Qualifications
• EAL Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings (QCF)
• EAL Level 3 Award in the Initial verification and Certification of Electrical Installation (QCF)
• EAL Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical
How is the qualification achieved?
This qualification is gained when the single unit has been achieved via the on-screen exam. The centre will then be able to apply for the learner’s certificate. The learner will also receive a certificate of unit credit.
What will be assessed?
• This award is made up of a single Knowledge Unit that gives the learner the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of identified topics and subject areas.
How will it be assessed?
• The learner will be assessed against this qualification by use of an onscreen exam
• The exam must be undertaken by the learner under controlled conditions as specified by EAL. (Refer to EAL’s procedures for External Assessment contained within the Centre Operations Manual).
• EAL will monitor results from the assessment. Structure
Previously run as City & Guilds 2382-12
This course is subject to an additional £55.00 certification fee.