CCN1 Core Domestic Gas Safety
Assessment for candidates seeking to renew or obtain the Domestic Core Natural Gas Safety qualification, CCN1.
Training is available at a cost of £110 + VAT per day.
This Gas Safety Assessment is designed to test the gas safety competence of an operative in core domestic gas work by practical and knowledge and understanding assessment.
This Gas Safety Assessment comprises of 15 Core Competences:
- The Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Tightness Testing and Purging of Domestic Sized NG Installations
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Notices and Warning Labels
- The Operation of and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Checking and Setting of Appliance Burner Pressures and Gas Rates
- The Operation and Checking of Appliance Gas Safety Devices and Controls
- Flueing Standards
- Flue Testing
- Installation of Open, Balanced and Fan Assisted Flue Assemblies
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Relight Appliances
To work with natural gas in a domestic environment, candidates must hold CCN1 as their core qualification and then achieve qualifications in the various appliances, Cookers, Fires, Central Heating etc.
CCN1 now includes CPA1 Combustion Performance Analysis as this is no longer required to be undertaken as a separate qualification when taking the core assessment.
An operative undertaking this course must have an appropriate domestic qualification. For those who do not hold South West Peninsular Training offer a Approved Managed Learning Program.