CCCN1 Core commercial catering gas safety
This Gas Safety Assessment is designed to test the gas safety competence of an operative in core commercial catering gas work by practical and knowledge and understanding assessment. Candidates must have achieved completion of a full Managed Learning Programme before attendance.
This Gas Safety Assessment comprises of 12 Core Competences:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Soundness Testing between Appliance Isolation Valve & Appliance Operating Taps for Pipework Volume up to 0.15m3
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Checking and Setting Appliance Burner Pressures
- The Operation and Checking of Appliance Gas Safety Devices and Controls
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Relight Appliances
Range of appliances covered - All Commercial Catering Gas Fittings
Please also refer to CODC1 which carries the same authorisations as CCCN1, but is designed for Candidates holding Domestic Core or Non-Domestic Core qualifications.
Non-Domestic Catering Appliances, COMCAT 1 & 3, are automatically included in this course..